Own It Capital Partners (“OICP”) is a real estate investment firm headquartered in Chicago. We focus on repositioning underutilized multi-family and mixed-use assets. With holdings across Illinois, Indiana and Michigan, we have been acquiring and divesting investment real estate since 2008. We pride ourselves on our diverse institutional backgrounds in financial consulting, law, engineering and investment banking that have allowed us to take a unique approach to real estate investment. We focus on privately held, off-market transactions under $40 million.
OICP targets value-add investments based on strict financial metrics. We execute a consistent and repeatable investment strategy driven by disciplined underwriting principles. We also benefit from a fully integrated services model with superior in-house capabilities in the areas of construction, management, leasing and brokerage. We do not outsource these services to third parties and charge a fee. We are able to achieve economies of scale b/c these internal capabilities allow us to keep our fee structure below our competitors. We source our investments almost exclusively through off-market efforts and have created proprietary targeting campaigns to make acquisitions in this incredibly competitive multifamily space.
By conservatively underwriting our deals and carefully monitoring property level management, OCIP has developed a track record of delivering solid, consistent returns to investors.
- Successfully syndicated 40 acquisitions with approximately $27M in capital raised to date
- Closed 5 condo deconversions totaling $5M since 2014
- Over $150M in combined assets under management since inception
- Current portfolio consists of 16 active properties in Chicago and Surrounding Suburbs, Michigan and Indiana
Investment Classification – Value-Add transactions where asset appreciation and income growth can be achieved through renovation, diligent leasing practices and proactive building management.
Property Types – Multi-family and Mixed-Use
Investment Size – Properties of $5 million or less, which is an area largely ignored by larger, institutional buyers thereby creating excellent investment opportunities through lower competition.
Investment Strategy / Hold Time – Projected hold period of 3 to 7 years, however the Principals use their discretion to dispose of an asset sooner or hold for a longer horizon to achieve maximum value.
Geographic Criteria – North and Northwest sides of Chicago and Chicago suburbs.
Integrated Real Estate Services
Own It CP is uniquely positioned to benefit from the premium services offered through 33’s management, leasing, construction and brokerage teams. This integrated platform not only leads to cost savings through project efficiencies, but also ensures a level of accountability and operational excellence that is unmatched. These integrated service lines include:
- Construction – 33 Development manages all construction within the portfolio. 33 Development is a fully licensed, bonded and insured general contractor and construction consulting firm. In the past 24 months, 33 Development has renovated over 450 apartment units single family homes and retail spaces.
- Management – Upon acquisition, Own It CP uses the management services of 33 to manage the property before, during and after the construction. 33, with over 1,000 units presently under management, leverages its economies of scale to drastically reduce property operating costs.
- Leasing – 33 has a fully captive leasing team of 15 dedicated agents that service Own It CP’s portfolio of properties to achieve top rental rates.
- Acquisition / Disposition – Own It CP relies on the capabilities of 33’s investment brokerage operations to source on-and-off-market acquisitions and to actively market and dispose of assets if / when the Principals elect to pursue a strategic sale from the portfolio.